Sunday, February 8, 2009

Seeing the beauty...

By now I know we are all sick to death of ice, snow, and cold weather! I hope that if you're reading this, it means your power has been restored and that your family is doing well. I finally got to sleep in my own bed just last night. Telephone service hasn't been restored, but I'm so grateful to have power again AND nice warm temperatures! It will take some time, but eventually life will get back to normal for us all.

This new year has been quite challenging for many of us on various levels. I find solice at times by getting lost photography; finding beauty and interest in ordinary things. It's not "just a job" at all - it's something that gives me great pleasure. Before I had to abandon my house 2 weeks ago, I bundled up and went outside in search of the beautiful images I knew were present amongst all of the destruction brought by the ice storm. I hope you can enjoy them too!

No comments: